Taco Bell

Taco Bell is an American Mexican fast food restaurant that is mostly recognized in the United States. It is not as large of a corporation as others fast food companies like McDonald’s and Burger King. Majority of the people that buy food at Taco Bell buy tacos and burritos. Taco Bell also serves breakfast along with their lunch food. Their menu is not as affordable compared to McDonald’s prices. “Glen Bell started Bell’s drive in, and Taco Tia before Taco bell was created. In 1962, He open his first taco bell in Downey, CA. Bell sold 868 Taco Bell restaurants to PepsiCo Inc.” (Our History) 
      I have been working in Taco bell since February of 2017. The location I used to work at is in winder. I was excited how I got a job in high school. I really wanted some money in my pocket. Taco Bell was hiring at the time when I was looking at a job. It was really easy to learn the menu and how to work the register.
Register by Franchesca
I hated Drive-thru at first. Taco Bell in winder drive thru at evenings would be so busy. I would have to read the customer order, cash out the money, and wait for the customers food. Customers would order ten to twenty-five items in just one order or other customers would order three twelve’s pack of party pack. In just one-party pack there is twelve tacos.  It would be ridiculous. I hated it every minute when they would put me in Drive-thru. I also loved it because my days goes so much faster when I would continue to be busy.
Taco Bell Meat by Karma
      Taco bell food came in precooked and pre prepped. The meats are frozen, so it gets dropped into a machine, where the water is three-hundred sixty degrees. The nacho cheese, black beans, chicken, steak, and beef are added, and it stays there for thirty minutes. Once the thirty minutes are up, we get the thermometer to check if everything is one hundred sixty- five degrees and higher. If its equal to or higher, it can get panned up. The meat and everything else have to be taken one by one so per bag. It cannot be taken out more than one bag. Two bags of the same meat as beef, chicken, steak, and beans gets in to one pan. After that, they put the pans in to the heating cabinet. The rice gets into a four by four pan. Inside of the pan they add a spoon of oil, like a tomato powder, and one quart of water and mix it in and put it in the heating cabinet. The rice should be done in twenty minutes. Taco Bell got refried beans in a bag and is like brown crumbs. I notice that the meat has a lot of oil especially the beef. According to Pollan he wrote that “Todays food are processed in ways specifically designed to sell us more food by pushing our evolutionary buttons” (Pollan 13) The food is not very healthy in my opinion and also nasty. There are some food options for vegetarian and meat lovers. I think Taco Bell is very unhealthy and just isn’t really how food is supposed to be made. Trevon is an employee at Taco Bell and Trevon Bonet disagreed with me and thinks that the food is very healthy and delicious than some others fast food restaurant (Bonet).
      Taco Bell is mostly a franchisee but there are corporate stores connected with some other stores. It could be connected to KFC or Pizza Hut. Franchisee prices are very different than the corporate prices. One day, I was working in Drive-thru and a lady order two sausage grilled burritos. She looked at the price and told me how come the burritos are one dollar and thirty-five cent each and I said We are a franchisee store. Majority of people dislikes the prices so mostly the customers ask for the refund. 
      At Taco Bell the store open at seven a.m. so when the first car comes, we have to cash out the money and give the order out under fifty seconds. The goal for each order to pass it out is under a minute but really fifty seconds. The employees that are online and is cashing money out have to have under four minutes through drive thru in general. It cannot be past more than four minutes. If it gets past to four minutes that is red so really the whole goal is two minutes and fifty seconds in general. The district manager would be on top of the store manager for the employees to get right on top of it. Also, the district manager is on top of the surveys. Every shift, morning, lunch, and evening got to do two surveys. Taco Bell wants to continually know how the customer surveys was so they can get better and what they have to do to change that. 
      At first, when I started to work in Taco Bell employees are cleaning with blue rags and a yellow rag. The blue rag is for behind the counter and yellow rags are used in the front. Taco Bell
Blue Rag on the line by Franchesca
don’t want to mix up the same rag everywhere in the store. The products that Taco Bell gives you, have to be used in the store. If the soap water isn’t working, they can’t just go out in the dollar store and buy Mr. Clean that’s against store rules. They take it seriously because the district manger or the boss that owns the store can come in there and get in trouble. I remember when core inspectors would come every six months to check if the store is running good and you could actually have points off if there is error. Each store gets either green, yellow or red. The color that my managers and employees wanted to aim for was green.  One day when a core inspector came in, he went to the bathroom to see if it’s in good condition and he saw Glade Automatic Spray and immediately he took off ten points and automatically told the manager that was on the shift.  Core inspector was not too happy, but it wasn’t so serious either. I don’t think the product that Taco Bell offer are very good products as like products I buy at home that takes stans away and smells good around the house. Taco Bell wants to use sanitizer for mostly anything and it cleans but I don’t think it cleans very much and does not be taking stans off. 

      I consider that Taco Bell needs to change some of the things that goes around the store. It should be how the food is precooked, cleaning products, the prices, and the times of each order expecting orders to come out quick. While some people disagree with me that the food is delicious and Taco Bell services are great. I worked in Taco bell for two years and in my opinion and experience it is disgusting and they need to prove a lot of things that I don’t think it should be allowed at all. 

                                                        Citation
Bauer, Holly. Food Matters: a Bedford Spotlight Reader. Bedford/St. Martins, 2017.
             Pollan , pp 13.
Bonet, Trevon. Personal Interview. 02 October 2019.
“Taco Bell: Our History.” Taco Bell | Our History, 2019, www.tacobell.com/history.

Comments

  1. I like the images you used to visualize the descriptions, such as the register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eyeopening! Loved hearing about your experience and thoughts on Taco Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of myself when I used to work at McDonald's. Most of the manager are not always right and they need to realize that they are wrong too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment